Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Anne Geddes

Online artist 3
Date viewed: April 8, 2008


I love seeing these small infants wrapped around petals of flowers. They look so beautiful and so peaceful. I wonder how she creates her images, It looks like she uses Photoshop, but I read she rarely use digital cameras. On her website there is a series called Miracle, a collection of her favorite pictures in 25 years of work. All of the pictures are of infants wrapped in different kinds of flower. She mentioned she shoot mostly in the early morning since that seems like the time the babies are calm. Finding the right time to photograph your subject is definitely plays a role. I know first hand how hard it is to stop a crying baby, and yes I also remember that magical time of calmness. Such as when your baby is finally asleep, and you look at her and think what an incredible small person. How innocent and pure. Some of her images definately reminds me of that moment.

No comments: